How August can help
We have the right global industry partners and supply chain expertise to help you strategically access technologies that enable autonomy in transportation vehicles across connectivity, driver assistance systems, electronic log devices and Human-Machine Interface (HMI).
Our complete electronics manufacturing services allow you to anticipate and efficiently deliver to meet the changing demands of the various transportation industries such as agricultural, construction, mining, or rail.
With the emergence of smart technology and artificial intelligence, industrial equipment and fleet vehicles are also becoming smarter, IoT connected and more efficient. They often use technology such as:
- CarPlay: Integrates your smartphone with your vehicle’s multimedia unit, enabling access to calling functions and navigation systems through the vehicles in-dash display.
- IOT Connected: Vehicles are starting to make use of IoT technology to communicate to other IoT ready devices obtaining information on traffic and routes, or for fleet and cargo logistics and monitoring.
- Driver-Assistance Systems: high-precision cameras enable enhanced external vision and driver monitoring. Self-parking systems utilize sensors to detect spacing and automatically determine moves required to fit into the parking space.
- HMI (Human-Machine Interface): Intelligent and responsive user interfaces, gesture controls, and head-up displays that make information available to the driver while they are focused on the road.
- Lighting: Intelligent lighting processes and capabilities improve efficiency, safety and functionality. Creative aftermarket lighting components for off-roading, better visibility or illumination and overall vehicle aesthetics.