Automobiles have become an essential part of life and business, coming into global use during the 20th century. Automotive technology is rapidly evolving to the point where autonomous vehicles may soon become a reality on our streets. However, safety and reliability are paramount when manufacturing electronic components for driver assistance systems or aftermarket parts for tuning and performance.
With the emergence of smart technology and artificial intelligence, automobiles are also becoming smarter, IoT connected and more enjoyable. They will use technology including:
- CarPlay: Integrates your smartphone with your vehicle’s multimedia unit, enabling access to calling functions and navigation systems through the vehicles in-dash display.
- IOT Connected: Vehicles are starting to make use of IoT technology to communicate to other IoT ready devices obtaining information on traffic and routes, or for fleet and cargo logistics and monitoring.
- Driver-Assistance Systems: high-precision cameras enable enhanced external vision and driver monitoring. Self-parking systems utilize sensors to detect spacing and automatically determine moves required to fit into the parking space.
- HMI (Human-Machine Interface): Intelligent and responsive user interfaces, gesture controls, and head-up displays that make information available to the driver while they are focused on the road.
- Lighting: Intelligent lighting processes and capabilities improve efficiency, safety and functionality. Creative aftermarket lighting components for off-roading, better visibility or illumination and overall vehicle aesthetics.